Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 9- Is it spring break yet?

Do you remember being in College and going down to PC or Destin for SB? I do, I remember and sometimes I wish I could go back! I miss hanging out with everyone for a week, being crouwded into a condo with 10 other girls, borrowing clothes, getting mad because one group of girls wants to go to fudpuckers and the other group wants Pompano Joes. I also remember AJ's and Spinnaker. Oh how I miss you so... Here are my top five memories from SB- the college years.

1. I once stood in the DJ booth for hours at AJ's and I was DJ V! I remember that me and my girls closed down that bar and we didn't get home until 4am! I helped the DJ spin records and I even semi-remember helping him fade one song out and mix this song with that one. It was so much fun!
2. The last night we were in Destin, a select group of us were "just going to go to AJ's for about an hour and then go home." Our plan was to leave early so that we could get enough sleep to get up in the morning and drive back home. Yeah right! How about we were the last people in that place! We closed down the bar!
3. While staying at CDR (Club Destin Resort), we came up with a lot of fun sayings, such as, "I'm SO pretty," and "Whoop, whoop!" I remember that we went to a midget wrestling thing at this one place before making our way to AJ's. First of all, I would NEVER suggest going to see midget wrestling, it was the worst experience of my life! While sitting in this section away from chaos, my friends and I were approached by this group of guys who wanted to sit with us. Of course, I reply, "This section is only for pretty people. I'm so pretty." Our inside joke that I said to someone else! Well, those guys got up and left (as they should have) and my friends and I laughed histerically because they couldn't believe I would say that!
4. Staying out on the beach all day long! We've met so many fun people and I even got into a verbal altercation with some girl behind me (not my proudest moment). I remember being on the beach with the Tennessee Football players who were battling it out with the Arkansas football players. I remember meeting some random kid with a guitar who sang songs- Meredith and Kelly sang with him too! I remember chasing a girl down because she had an Alpha Gam bag. I found out she went to Southern Illinois. It was just so much fun talking and playing with everyone!
5. Although I have way to many memories to share, my favorite memories were hanging out with my sisters. We shopped at the beach stores and outlets, ate together, and played together! I'm so thankful for the many memories I have shared with them and I can't wait to go on more vacations with them in the future! Next time an all inclusive place please???

No comments:

Post a Comment