Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Staying Calm Techniques


Part of my job as a school counselor is to talk with kids about effective ways to manage their anger, anxiety, frustration, etc. Of course when it comes to me, I stress eat, cuss, and will even complain/shut down. Mature adult, right? So I was thinking, what techniques could I use to calm myself down? These are going to be realistic (I'm not going to put "go for a run" or "read a book." These things just make me even more angry!).
So here's what I've come up with: Laughter, blogging, reading magazines (I love magazines!), watch TV, watch the same mindless movies I love (Legally Blonde, House Bunny, Twilight), play with my baby, and clean. That's right I said it, I love to clean. It's like anorexia to me. I can't control the things going on around me, but I can control my house being clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment